1/1 Photo of Grandma Clarks Fried Donuts
These are my grandma Clark's donuts. Our family LOVES them! They always go over quickly. I also entered them into the local fair and won a blue ribbon with them! They actually do last more than 1-2 days and taste OK although soggy. I prefer them fresh, warm, and crunchy. The yield is just a guess, I never remember how many they make and by the time I think to count half are gone:) I fry mine 3 at a time in a fry daddy in vegetable oil, my grandma uses a square electric skillet and fries 4-6 at a time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix sugar, spices, salt, and baking powder.
- 2Add shortening and vanilla; mix.
- 3Add eggs, mix.
- 4Add milk and flour; mix.
- 5Drop into hot oil using donut dropper. (if mixture is too thick mix in a bit of milk-too thin a bit of flour).
- 6Fry in oil turning when first crack appears. -be careful not to crowd.
- 7Remove and place on either a drying rack or brown paper bag to drain oil.
- 8Ice while warm with powdered sugar icing.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma Clarks Fried Donuts
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.4
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 185.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g