Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe that my husband and his siblings grew up with. There is no other recipe for tetrazzinu that will do for him....only his mom's recipe. It is very basic but good!
- 16 ounces thin spaghetti
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken stock (or broth)
- 3⁄4 cup cream (or milk)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken (or shredded)
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, fresh grated (or you can use the canned stuff)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil Water, add spaghetti, and cook according to package instructions.
- In a dutch oven, cook mushrooms until tender. Stir in flour. Cook until it starts to turn light brown. Add chicken broth/stock, cook stirring constantly until sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cream, parsley, salt, nutmeg, and pepper to taste. Fold in chicken and cooked spaghetti.
- Turn mixture into a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle extra cheese over top. Bake for 30 minutes, or until heated through. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
- This is a great recipe to make ahead and freeze. You can even freeze it in individual portions.
This was superb! I am about to make it for the second time and print it out for my permanent recipe file!!