Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- Combine raisins and water and cook over medium heat for 12 minutes.
- Add sugar, flour, butter and cook two minutes more.
- Pour cooled mixture into a pastry shell.
- Place a top crust over top and make vent slashes.
- Bake 375 degrees F for 30 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
- Note: Rind and juice of 1/2 a fresh lemon or orange may be added.
Very tasty. I added a little more flour but I'm not sure it was necessary. I'll definitely make this again.
I actually put a 15 oz box of raisins in this filling recipe with everything else the same and used this filling for fried pies. I used 2 cups flour, 1 heaping teaspoon shortening and water to form stiff dough. This only makes about 8-9 pies at a time, but you will have enough filling to make about 3-4 batches of fried pies. The fried pies were delicious made with this recipe.