fast easy and delicious, use ribs or chicken.
Make and share this Grandma Chics Oven Ribs 1968 recipe from Food.com.
- Combine brown sugar, celery seed, chilli powder and salt to make a rub.
- Rub all over racks of ribs, both sides.
- Lay in a roasting pan.
- Place in oven uncovered at 350 degrees and bake for 45 minutes, turning and rotating every so often.
- Drain off some of the fat if desired.
- Combine the two 10 ounce cans of tomato soup with water, vinegar.
- Pour over all the ribs after the 45 minutes is done.
- Cook now covered for 2 1/2 hours basting and turning every so often.
- Can brown more uncovered the last half hour of cooking.
- This can also be done wrapped in foil on the bbq.
- cooking first with the rub in sealed foil, opening and resealing with the liquids, that is how we always made them for the cottage outings.