Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Eating these tarts for many years, favourite house request. I believe the original recipe came from Five Roses Flour Cookbook.
- Beat egg, sugar, butter well, Add cream and blend.
- Line tart shells with your favourtie pastry.
- Sprinkle a few currants into each shell.
- Fill tart shells with mixture 2/3 full.
- Bake in a hot oven 400 degrees f.
- for 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat and continue to bake 12-25 minutes 325 degrees.
- Or bake just until crust is golden.
- Note;;; I usually bake these at 350 degrees for 15- 18 minutes, I always watch as they go quickly at the end.
- I still like them a bit runny.