Eating these tarts for many years, favourite house request. I believe the original recipe came from Five Roses Flour Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg, sugar, butter well, Add cream and blend.
- 2Line tart shells with your favourtie pastry.
- 3Sprinkle a few currants into each shell.
- 4Fill tart shells with mixture 2/3 full.
- 5Bake in a hot oven 400 degrees f.
- 6for 8 minutes.
- 7Reduce heat and continue to bake 12-25 minutes 325 degrees.
- 8Or bake just until crust is golden.
- 9Note;;; I usually bake these at 350 degrees for 15- 18 minutes, I always watch as they go quickly at the end.
- 10I still like them a bit runny.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma Chic's Butter Tart Filling 1964
Serving Size: 1 (590 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.4
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.5 mg
- Sodium 42.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 0.8 g