Recipe by ~lorelei~
This recipe is out there elsewhere, but it is a treasured favorite of my family and those of our friends who enjoyed countless dinners, BBQ's and Camping Trips with my Mom, Carrie. Mom has passed away now, far too soon ! One of the biggest regrets I have is not writing down some of her staple favorites that made our house a Home for not only me but every neighborhood child we grew up with. Its an Italian Dressing type salad and the basics are easy enough, though I'll be following up with my dad to see if im missing anything and may update as memories return.
- 1 (16 ounce) package tri-color spiral pasta
- 1⁄4 lb sliced hard salami
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets (small pieces work best)
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
- 1⁄2 lb colby-monterey jack cheese (cubed into 1/2 -3/4 inche pieces)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta. Stir occasionally and boil to the specified time on the package. Pasta should be firm and not soft! ( usually 10 -12 min).
- Drain and rinse pasta in Cold water to stop the cooking and remove the starches that will make it stick together. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, Combine the other ingredients.
- Add Pasta, being sure everything is evenly distributed.
- Chill for about an hour before serving to allow all the flavors to meld together.