Recipe by Oolala
My MIL found this recipe in her Mother's handwriting in a recipe file. It isn't very sweet and I will add 1/2 cup sugar next time I make it. I made this for 8 people tonight and while everyone liked it, they all wished it was a bit sweeter. I added some sour cream and some ricotta cheese as well.
- 1 lb egg noodles, broad
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 cup coconut, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 6 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil noodles; drain and place in pyrex baking dish (3 quart).
- Quickly add the eggs, coconut, the stick of butter (melted), vanilla, sugar if you like, and pineapple with the juice and mix it together while the noodles are hot.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown.