Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on Slashfood, as posted by Marisa McClellan. She claims that this was her Grandma Bunny's go-to desserts. What I love about them is that I can make them practically blindfolded with one arm tied behind my back, they are that easy. They're also yummy!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized pot, melt the butter and the sugar together over low heat.
- When melted, remove the pot from the stove and let the mixture cool a little.
- Temper your beaten eggs by taking a couple of spoonfuls of the butter and sugar mixture and stirring it into the eggs. Repeat with a few more spoonfuls, until the eggs are warmed (the goal of this is to prevent scrambling when you mix the eggs into the butter and sugar, trust me, you don't want scrambled eggs as part of your cookies).
- Add the eggs to sugar and stir to combine. Add vanilla at this time.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Stir in the nuts (I usually pulse them a bit in the food processor, what's another dirty dish -- ).
- Spoon out onto parchment or silpat lined cookie sheets and bake 8-10 minutes.