Prep 8 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mother made this last week, and the guests complained that there was no second helping. Really, I am not a meatloaf fan, but this is the best I've ever had. Plus, it is so easy to do! (only three steps). My mother got the recipe from her "internet budies", but wherever you are, Grandma B, God bless you. :0))
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 slices stale bread or 2 slices rolls
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (more or less, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon gumbo file powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well by hand (a requirement, so that you can work in all the love).
- Pat into ungreased loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes, until done.
Made 2 small loaves. Did not have the bell pepper or the gumbo file powder. Used 2 tbsp creole seasonings instead of cajun and added 1/2 tsp hot louisianna sauce in addition to the 1/2 tsp tabasco. Nice kick to the flavorings
We just love this recipe. The best meatloaf I have fixed. Makes great sandwiches.
This was a tasty meatloaf. Izzy must have a humongous loaf pan because this makes a very large amount of meat. I had to use a 9x13" casserole and formed a gigantic loaf. Next time I would instead split the raw mixture into two portions and make two small loaves. I was able to get 16 large slices total. Next time I will also add much more Cajun seasoning & hot sauce and less file as this is surprisingly very mildly flavored.