Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
mmm good! Grandma B's coffee cake is home cooking at it's best!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl combine egg, milk, butter and raisins. Mix well and add to dry ingredients.
- Pour into a 8x8 inch, greased baking pan.
- Comibine topping ingredients and spread over cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
really plain, not very sweet or flavorful but easy to make
Very easy to make and very good with the first cup of coffee.