Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly-packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and lightly flour 10 inch bundt pan.
- In large bowl cream sugar and butter, add vanilla and eggs.
- Mix well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- In small bowl combine remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Spread half of batter in prepared pan; sprinkle with half of brown sugar mixture.
- Repeat with remaining batter and sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Bon appetit!
As a family, we thought this cake was very good. Perfect for a sunday morning breakfast and so easy to make! My cake took almost an hour to bake and bits of the top of the cake stuck to my bunt pan. I felt like the cake was almost too moist...but my family couldn't stop eating it!!
We enjoyed this coffee cake, but it was not as moist as I expected it to be with the sour cream in there.
This cake is divine! I wouldn't recommend any changes as it is perfect as it is!