Recipe by Brooke's Kitchen
Grandma Maxine's pumpkin pie- a thanksgiving favorite! Some cans of pumpkin are less sweet than others. I sometimes increase sugar from 3/4 cup to 1 cup but I need exceed 1 cup. Note: 1 3/4 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice may be substituted for the cinnamon, ginger and cloves however the taste will be slightly different, I prefer to use the individual spices.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 2 large eggs
- pumpkin puree (100% pure, not mix)
- 1 (12 ounce) can Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1 deep dish pie shell, unbaked
Directions See How It's Made
- MIX -Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and closes in a small bowl. Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour- into pie shell.
- Bake- in preheated 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees, bake for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.