Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My DH's grandma's granola recipe, given to me by DH's aunt; amount made is estimated. I allowed for a serving size of 1/2 cup, as it is quite filling as well as high in fat (mostly "good" fat, but fat nonetheless!). Good plain or with fresh fruit, with milk or with yogurt. Prep/cooking time doesn't include cooling time.
- 8 cups regular rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (without shells)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cashews
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Put all dry ingredients in large roasting pan and mix well.
- Heat oil, vanilla & honey until mixture bubbles.
- Mix liquids with dry ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Bake at 350* F 20 minutes, stirring several times.
- Cool, break apart into pieces, and store in an airtight container.
This is very close to the recipe that I have in my cookbook. This makes an excellent granola! Thank you for posting.