Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My grandma used to make this all the time when I was growing up. You can either make it into a loaf or into meatballs...excellent both ways!
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- I find it easiest and more to my taste to just toss the onion and green pepper in my little mini food processor(or chopper) because I don't like huge chunks of onion or green pepper.
- Mix everything together - except the ketchup.
- For the meatballs form into balls should make approximately 12 meatballs.
- Put into pan.
- Just before baking add the ketchup to the top, making sure to spread it all over.
- Bake for about an hour or until done. The ketchup turns a very dark red color, and doesn't look liquidy at all; that's when I usually know it's done.