Recipe by Chef Jana
This is the first recipe my Grandma taught me. I make at least three batches every year to give out to all the family, and to Grandma since she is no longer cooking. This goes great on Roast beef or fried potatoes or scrambled eggs, it's on our table next to the other condiments.
- 25 tomatoes, peeled stemed and quartered
- 10 apples, peeled cored and quartered
- 8 onions, peeled,quartered
- 2 green peppers, stemed,seeded and quartered
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind up first 4 ingredients in a food grinder.
- Add spices.
- Add sugar and vinegar.
- Bring to boil over medium high heat.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Cook down to desired thickness.
- We like ours like a thin applesuace consistency.
- And put in hot jars and seal.