Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is the best banana bread I have ever eaten. Hands Down. Recipe originally from my grandmother who is over 70 years old.
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 large bananas
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts
- Mix together butter, sugar, eggs, and bananas.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend.
- Spray a 9x5 inch pan with oil spray.
- Add mix to pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- After removing from oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes then let finish cooling on a cooling rack.
We are big banana bread fans, and I make it quite frequently. However, for the past few months, I've been trying combinations such as zucchini-banana, coconut-banana, etc. It was nice to rediscover good old banana nut bread again! This was so easy to make, too! I wasn't sure about how the butter was supposed to be (softened, melted, etc.), so I did a combination of both in the microwave. This made a nice sized loaf that took about 55 minutes to bake. Thanks for bringing me back to basics! Made for PRMR tag game.
You just can't go wrong with a classic like this. It made a very well shaped loaf with a perfect moist texture. I cut the sweetness to 3/4 cup of Splenda which worked very well for me and used 3 bananas as mine were all pretty small. Used walnuts chopped small to really spread them around. Final result?: Total yum!
Delicious banana flavor; moist inside crumb, and a crusty sweet exterior crust. Made with butter, four small (1 1/2 cups) mashed bananas (previously frozen), and 3/4 cup toasted pecans. Baked in a metal pan for 45 minutes. My house smelled heavenly while the banana bread baked! Tagged for PRMR, due 09/05/13