Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is hard to beat. A family favorite for many years. I've not seen this version of mazetti on this site.
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Velveeta cheese
- 12 ounces wide cooked egg noodles
- salt & pepper
- Brown ground chuck with onion, green pepper, and celery. Drain off grease and add 2 cans of tomato soup, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Simmer on low while you cook your noodles.
- In two greased casserole dishes, layer meat sauce, noodles, and slices of velveeta cheese, repeat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes covered with foil. Stir halfway through cooking time.