Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a favorite of my daughter combining her favorite foods, peanut butter and chocolate. The recipe was cut out of a newspaper featuring an article about Firefighter's favorite recipes. A rolled cookie that is both easy and delicious. Be sure to let the chocolate cool before spreading over the dough.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream together butter, sugars and peanut butter in medium bowl.
- Add egg and beat until fluffy.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Roll dough into an oval shape about 1/4 inch thick on a sheet of wax paper; set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips slowly in top of double boiler; cool slightly and spread thinly over dough with spatula.
- Starting with long end, roll up dough and wrap tightly in plastic wrap; chill for several hours or freeze until ready to bake.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Slice dough 1/4-inch thick and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Let cool on wire racks.