Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are usually in my Christmas cookie repertoire. This recipe is based on one from Grandma's Pantry Cookbook by Alan Robbins and Trudy Smoke.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Beat butter and sugar together, in bowl, until creamy and fluffy.
- Gradually add the flour until well mixed in, then salt, vanilla and pecans.
- Shape level teaspoons of dough into 2-inch-long fingers.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool before eating.
I have made 100's of these cookies, I also use extra pecans and put in a ziploc bag of powdered sugar while still warm to coat. I also add food coloring to the mix, pink for baby girl shower, red for valentines. Entering into a contest soon and going to try and tint the powdered sugar. I have to make these for every bake and take event.
MELT in your mouth kind of cookie! I put extra pecans because I love nutty cookies. I also coated them with confections' sugar after removing from oven. Nice flavor. Prepared as participant in 2008 Aus/NZ Swap #15 Event.
This Christmas I used Red Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour which I would not do again. Color of the cookie is tan (yuch) and the cookie flattened a little not making the traditional finger shape. Taste was OK, but is better with white, unbleached flour. Oh Well, live and learn.