Recipe by mersaydees
These are usually in my Christmas cookie repertoire. This recipe is based on one from Grandma's Pantry Cookbook by Alan Robbins and Trudy Smoke.
Top Review by cccdenise
I have made 100's of these cookies, I also use extra pecans and put in a ziploc bag of powdered sugar while still warm to coat. I also add food coloring to the mix, pink for baby girl shower, red for valentines. Entering into a contest soon and going to try and tint the powdered sugar. I have to make these for every bake and take event.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Beat butter and sugar together, in bowl, until creamy and fluffy.
- Gradually add the flour until well mixed in, then salt, vanilla and pecans.
- Shape level teaspoons of dough into 2-inch-long fingers.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool before eating.