Grandma Bea's Classic Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Heat a large nonstick skilet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onion. Stir and cook until sausage is browned (about 10 minutes). Drain liquid. Stir in red pepper and garlic. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheeses, and basil. Mix until well blended.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce in a 13 x 9" baking pan. Add a layer of noodles, then a layer of cheese mixture, then a layer of sausage. Repeat (sauce, noodles, cheese, sausage). The topmost layers should be: sauce, noodles, sauce, tomato slices.
- Cover pan with foil. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, then remove foil, and bake until bubbly (about 15 minutes). Let stand for 5 minutes, then serve.