Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 24 hrs
Cook 6 hrs
This was Grandma Anne's recipe. It's good over mashed potatoes. She called it gravy but my sister Chris said that sounds nasty. It's not. It was one of the best things that Grandma made. It must have been warm on those cold winter nights.
- Soak cod overnight; drain.
- Boil in fresh water; drain; do this 4 times.
- After last drain, chop up fish, add water and cook until fish is tender.
- Blend flour in canned milk.
- Add to fish and cook until thickened.
- Add butter and salt and pepper to taste.