This makes a large recipe of old-fashioned homestyle pancakes that we love to smother in butter and jam or syrup or peanutbutter and syrup. My Grandma made these for all the ranch hands in the mornings as a girl and then for her ten children as a mother.
My Private Note
cups of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 2Mix together wet ingedients in a medium bowl, except water.
- 3Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix until just moistened.
- 4Add water starting with 1 c until thin enough to pour easily.
- 5Cook pancakes on a hot buttered griddle. We like ours nice and big, but you can make yours any size.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma Andersen's Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (1708 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.5
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 108.2 mg
- Sodium 1246.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 12.5 g