Recipe by dusty AE
This soup is from another internet recipe source. It sounded nice and a bit different to the soups I usually make. It was quite delicious. Not for dieters though.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour (all purpose flour)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup milk or 1 cup half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large pot over moderate heat and saute onion until tender but not brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add potatoes, water and salt and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining butter, flour and enough milk to make a stiff dough.
- Drop pea size balls of the dough into the soup.
- Cook until potatoes are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, milk or half and half.
- Return to simmer before serving.