Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This cake is incredibly good and you would never know it uses a boxed cake mix. I'll never forget the smile on my grandfather's face when he presented me with a piece of my grandmother's new found recipe (15 yrs. ago!). I now enjoy watching family and friends reaction as they take a bite! EDIT: Please do not use a food processor for this recipe- The reviews do not come out as favorably as when the recipe is made as written. (I'm not sure of the original source of this recipe, I just know that my grandmother has an eye for picking out good recipes!)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 (1 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (the small size container)
- Mix together sugar, cocoa, nuts, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Mix together cake mix, vanilla pudding, eggs, oil, and sour cream. Beat full speed with mixer for 2 minute.
- Pour into a greased tube pan alternately with dry mix, ending with dry mix on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 65 minutes.
- Note: Do not put dry mixture too close to the edge of pan, as it will make it difficult to cut.
This cake is incredible good and smell wonderful when baking. I will use the food processor next time. I drizzle a glaze on top to keep the walnut from falling off when slicing. This is great for a Sunday Brunch. Thanks Mrs. Doll
I used the food processor for this recipe (as recommended by a previous reviewer) and boy was this easy to make. This is delicious! It has a nice cinammony flavor and I used pecans for a yummy crunch. Thanks for posting. :) ~Bird
This was easy to do and looked and tasted terrific - very moist with a surprise crunch - I did it all in the food processor - my favourite kitchen appliance - I love any recipe with a cake mix as the base as my time is so short - so this recipe will definitely be made again - many thanks to cookiedog.