Recipe by *Pixie*
Not quite grandma's apple pie, but she might have wanted the recipe...
Top Review by FlemishMinx
This is truly an unusual apple pie. The ingredient mixture spread over the top actually makes the second "crust" and the result is a pie that tastes like a combination apple pie/cinnamon roll. We liked it alot. I didn't have any Grand Marnier so just used oj. The timing suggested was perfect for me. Thanks for posting !
- 4 -5 apples, cored,peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier (or more orange juice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the apple slices, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon butter.
- Evenly fill pie shell (about three quarters full) with the apple slices.
- Beat the remaining ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth and well blended.
- Spread mixture evenly over the apples in the pie shell (make sure that there are no uncovered apples).
- Bake at 350F for 40 to 45 minutes, or until light brown and top springs back when pressed.
- Good served warm with a dab of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.