Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of the few thing my grandpa makes.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 mild onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 1⁄2 cups instant potato flakes
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons season salt
- 1 teaspoon basil garlic
- 4 baked potatoes
- green onion
- Melt butter and onion on low 10-15 minutes.
- Add flour and cook, stirring 4-5 minutes.
- Mix chicken stock with potato buds; whisk in till smooth. Whisk into flour/butter mixture and cook 20 minutes.
- Add seasoning and cook 10 minutes.
- Dice cooked potatoes and poor into cooking mixture; simmer.
- Garnish with green onion and cheese.