Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Makes a great snack or holiday gift!
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white Karo
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups pecan halves
- In pot mix together sugars, spices, water and Karo syrup.
- Heat on medium-low to soft ball stage (236 degrees) Add butter and pecan halves and cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir until mixture loses its shininess.
- Pour onto waxed paper before mixture becomes sugary.
- With 2 forks separate the pecan halves while still warm.
- Makes a great gift!
Great flavor, but I obviously did not heat the correct heat, because the glaze never set on the pecans. I ate them regardless, they were just a little sticky. I'll try them again, but will be more precise on the temperature.