Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
The buffet at the Grand Sierra Resort Lodge in Reno, Nevada, is a favorite dining spot for travelers and locals alike. In the mid-1990's Chef Paul Prudhomme was in Reno to participate in a food exhibition and shared his family bread pudding recipe. The chef at the Grand Sierra modified the recipe a bit before adding it to the buffet, but it has been a customer favorite ever since.
- 3 1⁄2 cups bread, cut into cubes
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup blueberries
- 5 fresh eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Grease a 9X13 inch cake pan.
- Combine the bread and the fruit and place in prepared pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, sugar, half-and-half, cream, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over bread.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool slightly.