Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar on February 13, 2005. Freezing time not included in preparation time.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1 cup walnut meat, chopped
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate, shaved
- 1 chocolate crumb pie shell
- Beat egg yolks until lemon colored.
- Add salt and maple syrup.
- Cook in top of double boiler until yolk mixture thickens.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Combine maple mixture, egg whites, and 2/3 of the Cool Whip, using a folding motion.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of the nut meats.
- Scrape into baked pie shell.
- Cover with remaining whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with remaining nut meats and chocolate shavings.
- Freeze for a minimum of four hours.