1 hr 10 mins
These tasty burgers are ones you won't soon forget! From the state of Hawaii, this burger is a "Real Winner"! Food Network recipe from the Ultimate Recipe Showdown - Burgers. This recipe won 1st Place in the Seafood Burgers Division, then won the "GRAND PRIZE" of $25,000 for the whole competition. The recipes for this competition were chosen from contestants from all across the country. This recipe was from Kristine Snyder
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 anaheim chilies
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 lbs ahi tuna fillets, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 seeded kaiser rolls, split
- 1 large maui onion, thinly sliced (or other sweet onion)
- 1 large vine-ripened tomato, sliced
- radishes (1 pkg.) or sunflower sprouts (1 pkg.)
- 2Char peppers over gas flame or under broiler until blistered on all sides. Enclose in a paper bag, and let stand 15 minutes.
- 3Peel peppers, remove stem and seeds, and dice.
- 4Measure 1/4 cup diced peppers into a small bowl, and add mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, ginger, garlic, and salt. Stir well.
- 6Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat egg and stir in panko, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, lime juice and zest, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- 7Add ahi and combine gently. Form 4 patties.
- 8Heat vegetable oil on non-stick griddle, over med-high heat.
- 9Add patties, and cook 3-4 minutes per side.
- 10Toast rolls under broiler during last few minutes of cooking.
- 11Spread sauce on roll bottom and top with onion, tomato, sprouts, and additional sauce.
- 12Add roll tops.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grand Prize Winner: Island Ahi Burgers With Cilantro-Chile-Lime
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 677.3
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 141.0 mg
- Sodium 1480.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 51.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: