Recipe by Silver Raven
From Chesterton Inns The Search for the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie by Gwen Steege
Top Review by beckerd
Really good recipe! Its rich and full of chocolate! They came out chewy and oh so good. There is a reason this recipe beat out 2600 other recipes as the top cookie. My kids and I really liked them and will make them again.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 12 ounces miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour& baking soda; set aside.
- Cream butter, add vanilla& sugars and beat until fluffy.
- Beat in egg.
- At low speed of electric mixer, beat in cocoa then milk.
- Add dry ingredients and beat on low until blended.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto nonstick cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 3 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to rack to cool completely.