This is an actual grand prize chili recipe and it comes from the "Texas bragging rights" recipe book.
- 3 lbs chuck roast, all fat removed and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In large pot, sear meat in a small amount of oil.
- Add onion& garlic, cook until tender (do not burn).
- Add tomato sauce, paprika, cayenne pepper, bouillon cubes and enough water to cover.
- Simmer 1 1/2 hours.
- Add cumin, garlic powder, oregano, pepper and chili powder.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cook another 30 minutes or until meat is tender.