Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Saw this in a Kraft Newsletter - it looks great! It takes very little time to prepare and is "fun" - great for holidays where the American flag is displayed.This is great to serve for Memorial Day, Flag Day or the Fourth of July. For a sweet twist - prepare as directed substituting toasted walnuts or cashews for the shredded cheese, 20 small blueberries for the olives and strawberry or raspberry jelly for the salsa.
- Place cream cheese between two sheets of waxed paper.
- Roll out to 6x4-inch rectangle with rolling pin.
- Remove top sheet of waxed paper; coat top and sides of cream cheese with shredded cheese.
- Invert onto serving plate.
- Remove waxed paper.
- Arrange three rows of olives in top left corner of cream cheese rectangle for the "stars" of the "flag."
- Make four 1/4-inch-deep rows, using rounded end of 1/4-tsp. measuring spoon for the "flag's stripes," leaving a 1/4-inch-wide space between the rows.
- Fill rows with salsa.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve as a spread with Ritz crackers, Triscuits, cocktail Pumpernickel rounds or any other favorite cracker.