Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipes is a rich, wonderful accompaniment to any holiday meal, although my husband requests it often! I especially enjoy serving it with ham or pork tenderloin. A friend shared this with me a few years ago and it has become a staple in our household!
- 6 peeled potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- Layer sliced potatoes in a 9x13" glass baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the cream, mustard, garlic, and butter in heavy saucepan and heat just to the boiling point.
- Pour over potatoes. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove cover and top with Parmesan or Romano cheese. Bake 30 minutes longer or until cheese is golden brown and potatoes are tender.