Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is a really easy and yummy way to use up some strawberries.
- 1 quart strawberry
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (optional, to toss with the berries) or 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular (optional, to toss with the berries)
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Cut strawberries in half or quarters and toss with sugar and Grand Marnier.
- Take softened cream cheese and 1/4 cup of sugar and blend till smooth.
- Add in sour cream, vanilla and mix.
- Place strawberries in oven/broiler proof individual ramekins or in a broiler proof dish such as an 8"x8" Corning/Pyrex dish.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over berries and then sprinkle a thin layer of brown sugar over cream cheese mixture.
- Turn broiler on in oven and place ramekins or single dish under broiler for 1-3 minutes or until the brown sugar slightly caramelizes.
- As soon as it starts to bubble remove from oven, a few seconds to long and the sugar can burn very easily so do not take yours eyes off of it while it is in the oven.
- Serve in ramekins or spoon into a dish and serve.
Spectacular! So easy to make and definitely company-worthy. I grated some orange and lemon zest and used it in both the strawberries and the topping.