1/1 Photo of Grand Marnier Soufflés for Two
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, freshly grated
Egg White Mixture
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1Brush 2 tall ramekins with melted butter. Press brown sugar gently into all sides of the ramekins. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2In a small saucepan, bring ¾ cup of the milk and the vanilla to the boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, blend the cornstarch and the remaining ¼ cup milk until smooth. Add ¼ cup of the sugar, 2 egg yolks and salt. Stir until smooth.
- 4Gradually whisk this mixture into the warm milk. Cook over medium-low heat stirring constantly until the mixture thickens, approximately 4 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and cool in refrigerator or freezer until slightly chilled, about 10 minutes.
- 6Beat in remaining 2 yolks. Using a sifter, sift flour over mixture and stir well.
- 7Return to medium heat and stir constantly until smooth. Remove from heat. Add liqueur and orange zest.
- 8Scrape custard into a large bowl and set aside to cool until ready to prepare soufflés.
- 9Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 10Beat whites until soft peaks form.
- 11Gradually add remaining sugar and beat until firm peaks form. Fold whites into cooled custard.
- 12Spoon mixture into the ramekins leaving about ½ to 1 inch head space.
- 13Bake for 20 minutes until puffed and browned on top.
- 14Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grand Marnier Soufflés for Two
Serving Size: 1 (594 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.9
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 409.9 mg
- Sodium 468.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 63.9 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: