Recipe by MARIA MAC *
This is a delicious sauce served over grilled or baked shrimp or scallops. Do not drown the seafood in this sauce. Just drizzle it. We love it.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice, strained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice butter into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a small saucepan, heat orange juice, sugar and orange rind, on low temperature stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Increase heat and bring to boil.
- The mixture will thicken and become syrupy.
- Whisk the mixture and add the butter, piece by piece.
- When thoroughly blended, remove from heat and stir in Grand Marnier. Serve immediately.