Prep 7 mins
Cook 35 mins
From RecipeGoldmine, these are super delicious, super smooth, and so very, very good.
- 9 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 4 tablespoons freshly-grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Place in the oven a baking pan with 1 inch of water in it to heat. In a separate bowl. Beat egg yolks with sugar until thick and creamy. Add very gradually to the cream, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Add vanilla extract and the 6 tablespoons Grand Marnier. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into pot de crème cups and place in the baking pan of water in the oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the custard comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and pan of water and cool completely. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- At serving time, blend grated orange rind with the 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier and add to the tops of the custards.
This was really good. Not very hlight, but the weather called for a dessert like this :) And it gave me an excuse to buy another bottle of Grand Marnier. I'll make it again for special ocasions.
Scrumptious! Surprisingly easy to prepare and special enough to serve company. The ingredients work to make for lush and lovely, the texture smooth and creamy making for a dessert that will be seeing repeats at our house. Made as directed with great results. Thank you Julie, we enjoyed.