Recipe by Julie B's Hive
From RecipeGoldmine, these are super delicious, super smooth, and so very, very good.
Top Review by *Bellinda*
This was really good. Not very hlight, but the weather called for a dessert like this :) And it gave me an excuse to buy another bottle of Grand Marnier. I'll make it again for special ocasions.
- 9 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 4 tablespoons freshly-grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Place in the oven a baking pan with 1 inch of water in it to heat. In a separate bowl. Beat egg yolks with sugar until thick and creamy. Add very gradually to the cream, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Add vanilla extract and the 6 tablespoons Grand Marnier. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into pot de crème cups and place in the baking pan of water in the oven. Bake for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center of the custard comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and pan of water and cool completely. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- At serving time, blend grated orange rind with the 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier and add to the tops of the custards.