Recipe by MARIA MAC *
A yummy chicken dish! Chicken marinated in Grand Mariner and apricot jam. prep time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by It's loose again
I used 5 dried Thai peppers broken in half; poured marinade until it came 1/4' up the sides of the fillets, and turned them over every 15 minutes. (Froze the unused marinade). My wife and Suzi, our 19 year cat, both loved it. (Suzi is also fond of curries).
- 3⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 1⁄4 cups apricot jam, plus additional for basting
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (orange part only)
- 3⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried red pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (or your favorite chicken pieces)
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine Grand Marnier, jam, zest, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, honey and red pepper flakes. Simmer over medium-low heat just until honey and jam are melted. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Place chicken breasts, then marinade, in a zip-top plastic bag; marinate at least 4 hours and preferably overnight, refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken breasts in a shallow glass baking dish. Pour marinade over all. Baste breasts with apricot jam.
- Cover loosely and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, basting with remaining marinade every 15 minutes.