Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The orange flavored liqueur mixed with hot chocolate is guaranteed to warm your spirit. If you'd prefer a slightly spicy variation, add 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper to each mug. There are some great packaged hot chocolate mixes available, so choose your favorite or create from scratch. Enjoy :)
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier
- 3 cups hot cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, lightly whipped
- cinnamon stick (to garnish)
- Make the hot chocolate according to package directions (or follow your favorite recipe)
- Pour one ounce of Grand Marnier into each coffee cup and fill the cup with hot chocolate.
- In a bowl lightly whip the fresh cream and spoon on top of the hot chocolate.
- Insert a cinnamon stick in each cup and serve.
- WAAA LAAA ;).
This is a really nice bedtime drink. I used cointreau in place of grand marnier & it was lovely, not too overpowering. Thanks for a lovely night cap drink!
Outstanding. A wonderful bedtime treat! And afternoon...and morning.... :-)
i've actually made this twice. First time i made it with 1 oz. dark jamaican rum (i had no grand marnier) which was awesome, but still needed more liquor. Second time i made it with the 2 oz. of grand marnier and, although good, was a little too much liquor for me. so maybe i will just go to 1-1/2 oz. haha....thanks for such a wonderful idea!