Recipe by Chef Jean
This french toast has an orange flavor that goes well with any fruit syrup or maple syrup. Make sure to let the bread soak up enough of the egg mixture and to cook it long enough to heat through.
- 1 loaf Cuban bread, 1 day old
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together all the ingredients except the bread. Whisk until sugar dissolves.
- Slice bread at a slight angel about 1 inch thick.
- Heat large skillet to med heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dip bread into egg mixture for approxamatly 30 seconds or until the egg mixture just soaks through.
- Place the bread pieces into the hot pan and cook for 3-5 minutes per side or until very golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and your choice of syrup.