Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A lovely, Grand Marnier scented creme anglaise to accompany most desserts. Especially nice with the Poached Pears recipe I have posted.
- 6 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Beat egg yolks and sugar with whisk in medium saucepan until light in colour, about 5 minutes.
- Scald heavy cream and half and half in separate saucepan.
- Stir hot cream gradually into yolks, whisking constantly.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat, until sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon; do not allow to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in Grand Marnier and orange zest.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Place plastic wrap directly onto surface and refrigerate until cold.
A scrumptious sauce. Thick and delicious. I could have sworn I had Grand Marnier, but didn't so I substituted 3 T of Cointreau and a couple of T of brandy. I added another 1/4 t of grated orange zest too. There are 100 uses for this sauce. Thanks for posting!!