Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mmmm Mmmm Good!! On anything but especially with Chocolate Bread Pudding. Recipe posted in Recipezaar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- In a mixing bowl, beat together egg yolks, sugar and flour until light and lemon coloured.
- In saucepan, heat milk with cream until bubbles form around edge of pan.
- Beat into yolk mixture.
- Transfer to saucepan, cook gently over low heat, stirring constantly, until custard has thickened.
- Stir in liqueur.
- Serve warm or cold.
When my aunt arrived with "Spotted Dick" for dessert, I had to search out a custard sauce to accompany it. This was a "shot in the dark" as I really don't know custard sauces...and this one was AMAZING!!!! We didn't have Grand Marnier...so substituted Drambuie...and it was so very tasty. I can only imagine how wonderful it will be when I make it again with Grand Marnier. Thanks Derf...we now have a new Christmas tradition.
A star is born Derf! This is an amazing twist of my normal Creme Anglaise custard sauce - the addition of the Grand Marnier takes it to a higher level! I made this for guests who lapped it up - I think they would have licked their plates if I was not there to clear them! I served it with fresh raspberries as a hot (custard) and cold fruit dessert - Malcolm and I scraped out the bowl - divine! I will be making this again and thought it would be an ideal accompaniment to my Christmas Pudding! Thanks and Get Well soon! FT:-) Photo to be posted.