The chocolate garnish on these luscious cupcakes marries well with the Grand Marnier. If chocolate is your passion, serve the cupcakes with a pitcher of dark chocolate sauce on the side
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier or 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease 12-cup muffin pan or line with baking cups.
- 3In large bowl, beat butter and 3/4 cup sugar at medium speed 5 to 6 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- 4Beat in egg, 1 tablespoon orange peel and 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier.
- 5In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 6At low speed, beat sour cream into butter mixture alternately with flour mixture.
- 7Spoon batter into muffin pan, filling two-thirds full.
- 8Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- 10Remove from pan; cool completely.
- 11Meanwhile, in small saucepan, heat 1/3 cup sugar and orange juice over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- 12Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier.
- 13Poke holes with toothpick in top of each cupcake.
- 14Using pastry brush, brush tops liberally with Grand Marnier glaze.
- 15Place chocolate in small heavy resealable plastic bag; add shortening and seal.
- 16Place in pan of simmering water; turn off heat.
- 17Allow bag to sit several minutes; remove from water.
- 18Smooth melted chocolate by working bag with hands.
- 19Cool 5 minutes.
- 20Cut off tiny corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grand Marnier Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (902 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.5
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.3 mg
- Sodium 183.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: