Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very special, but easy desert.
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven 300 degrees.
- Whisk yolks and sugar until thick and pale yellow. Set aside.
- In saucepan, heat cream. Temper into yolks. Simmer on low, stirring constantly until thickened and coats spoon. Do not over heat.(170 degrees).
- Remove from heat and whisk in Grand Marnier and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into individual ramekins.
- Place ramekins in large baking dish. Pour water around ramekins until half way up sides.
- Bake 300 for 45 minutes.
- Remove ramekins from water bath and chill at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve: Sprinkle with brown sugar. Place under broiler until sugar starts to bubble and color.