Recipe by Rita~
I bet you have a can of cranberry sauce in your pantry! This is a great way to use it. Make these flavorful truffles that are and tender and so good. Great for the holidays or anytime. Try adding some very finely minced candied ginger for a nice kick. Can be frozen and brought to room temperature, Re-coat with cocoa and serve.
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 teaspoon candied ginger, Very finely minced (optional)
- 2 -4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat sauce and butter till warmed and melted.
- Add chips and stir till combined and smooth.
- Add Grand Marnier and zest. Add optional ginger for a nice kick! Stir till all smooth.
- Chill till firm.
- Meanwhile toss zest into cocoa, Place in a large zip lock bag set aside.
- When ganache is firm cut or scoop an amount to make large marble sized truffles.
- Shake a couple at a time in cocoa to coat and reshape. Place into candy cup holders. Continue till all are coated.
- Serve at room temperature.