Recipe by Oolala
'Tis the Thanksgiving season so this appealed to me.
Top Review by Kat's Mom
This was bitter so I added an extra 1/4 cup of sugar which helped. Still, it was good, but had a slightly bitter aftertaste. If I make this again, I will add one cup of sugar and use toasted almonds instead of pecans. I think with a few tweaks I can make this work for us. Thanks for sharing.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup dried cherries
- 4 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash cranberries and combine in heavy saucepan with sugar, water and orange juice.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and cook at gentle boil until cranberries begin to pop.
- Remove from heat and stir in cherries and Grand Marnier.
- Chill for up to a week.
- When ready to serve, stir in pecans.