Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Orange and cranberry are just made for each other and these are great! The recipe makes about 18 -- you may get more or less depending on how full you fill the muffin cups.
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh cranberries
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped orange zest
- 4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine the orange juice, Grand Marnier, and the oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and orange zest.
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy.
- Combine the juice mixture with the beaten egg whites.
- Add the egg mixture and the cranberries to the flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Fill muffin pans lined with paper liners, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and puffed.